This morning I was reading an article posted by WebMD about simple steps to shed pounds. Very interesting article with some really awesome tips.
- Set reasonable goals And the goal doesn’t always have to be about a number on the scales. You can make these goals simple. For example I have made a goal to slow my eating way down.
- Know what your calorie intake should be and make sure you are burning more than you are eating. I personally do not believe anyone should ever go below 1200
- Plan your meals for the week. Great one. I do this one myself and find that if I don’t I will not stay on track. Plan your day the night before and you will do amazing.
- Keep a food diary- I do this but I keep it on my dry erase board. I know how much I am eating and burning on a daily basis.
- Maintain portion control-I found a great way to do this is to make sure that your protein is 1/4 of my plate while my veggies make up the other 3/4’s
- Remove the obstacles-Prepare, prepare, prepare. Life is hectic. Make meals in advance in case you run into a day that you are to busy to cook. This will keep you honest
- Stay Hydrated-Drink plenty of water. My jazercise instructor once told me that there are times you may think you are tired or hungry when it could really be dehydration.
- Set aside a time to walk-Walking is one of the best forms of exercise and it is something most everyone can do.
- Reward yourself at milestones-Plan rewards at different stages of your weight loss journey. Hey you deserve it.
I am proud to say that I do most of the above. Great article. I am adding the link below for those who want to get the information right from the horse’s mouth 🙂