Today is Thanksgiving. It is a day to give thanks. It is hard for me to believe that every person in the world cannot find at least one thing to be thankful for. To wake up and be anything other than thankful today is quite sad, to me. If nothing else, how about the fact that you woke up? How about the fact that you can see the world before you? How about the fact that you can walk across the floor, or smell the turkey cooking? How about the fact that you have breath within you to breathe?
Please take a moment to find at least one thing, no matter how big or how small to be thankful for. I myself am thankful for;
- My husband
- My children
- My cute little house
- My car that gets me from here to there
- My ability to be in the present moment
- The family I will be enjoying dinner with today
- The fact that I have a warm place to lay my head
- The fact that I am able to be better tomorrow than I am today
- The fact that God has allowed me to walk, talk, see, hear, breathe, smell, taste, love, and understand
These are just a few of the things that come to mind today. What comes to mind for you? What are you thankful for? It’s hard to be down when you find many reasons to be grateful.