Up and alone. It’s 4:50 in the morning and I am enjoying the time. Yesterday was a great day. I spent most of it alone in the house which is completely unusual. It was nice that God gave me that little gift of alone time. I know that without his support and favor I would not be where I am today.
I had a pretty healthy day except for when Rog got home from band practice and ordered pizza. Yes, I had some pizza. Do I regret it or feel bad about it? I would be lying if I said that there wasn’t a part of me that is not thrilled with my decision to do that, however, being that I have grown so much over the past year I know that part of me is my ego.
My ego wants to judge everything I do and put a label on it. I am either bad or good in the eyes of my ego. However, the truth of the matter is I am human and am allowed to enjoy pizza now and again. I am not in a race to lose weight. I am very happy with me, the way that I am. I am not trying to win a beauty contest. At my age, which I a proud to say will be forty-six in about nine days, I am simply living my life to be healthy. Looks are irrelevant at this point.
I seem to find a deeper sense of happiness and peace as each year of my life unfolds. Today, I intend on;
- Prepare a couple more meals for the week ahead
- Watching Super Soul Sunday because all of my favorites will be chatting with Oprah Today
- Doing a bit more writing in my journal
- Eating healthy and staying hydrated so as to flush out the extra sodium from last nights pizza
- Being grateful for all of the gifts in my life