It’s Monday again. I had a fabulous weekend, but I am very glad it’s Monday. I must have something to do during the day. I wish I knew exactly what I wanted out of life. Unfortunately all I know is I want to write and help people. I don’t exactly know how just yet but I know if I continue to work on myself and learn more and more about myself that one day God will reveal to me what I am supposed to be doing.
It is much more than losing weight and getting fit. I am working on my mind, body and soul. I am working on myself from the inside out. I have come a long way in the past couple of years, but I have a long way to go, as well. I am just happy that God has given me this chance. In 2011 life was far from happy. I was depressed and suicidal but I can see now that all of that had to come to a head in order for me to awaken the way that I did.
Without great suffering I would not have been able to dis-identify with my ego. I would not have seen the need to separate from the false self that I had created. I would not have become aware that the story I was telling myself was the reason I was so overweight and so unhappy. I was the writer of my own misery, and now I am the writer of my own success. I am unbelievably grateful for each and every moment, the good, the bad and the ugly. They were all necessary to get me here today.
I am not sure what is in store for me, but I know that I am being guided by the creator of the universe, so I am in good hands.
Today I intend to;
- Practice assessing my hunger levels before eating
- Use the breathing techniques outlined in What Are You Hungry For? by Deepak Chopra to combat cravings
- If a craving should arise and I am not hungry I am going to investigate exactly what I am hungry for and look for ways to fulfill that hunger
- Use all the above techniques to further my study of self-awareness on my greatest project, me
- Finally, stay present by checking in on myself regularly