I am now about an hour into my audio book by Deepak Chopra called Magical Mind and Body. I have learned the my mind/body type is called Pitta which governs metabolism. It is very easy to find out what mind/body type you are, all you have to do is take a dosha test which all over the internet as well as at Chopra.com.
Anyway, after taking the test and finding out what type I was I learned the characteristics of a Pitta type and boy did it fit me.
The characteristics of a Pitta mind/body type are:
- Medium build with more strength than endurance
- Pitta people are very enterprising
- We like challenges
- We have a sharp intellect
- We have sharp hunger and thirst
- We have a strong digestive system
- If we are hungry we must eat, we cannot wait
- We become stressed when missing a meal
- Tendency to become angry or irritable under stressful situations
- We are very impatient
- We may have freckles and have an aversion to hot weather
- Good speakers
- We resent having our time wasted
- We take command in most situations
- People may perceive us as demanding, sarcastic and critical
- And we walk with purpose and determination
Since self-awareness is key to making changes it is extremely important to know these things about myself so I can begin to recognize them. Pitta people will become imbalanced when:
- We place excessive demands on themselves
- When living under constant pressure
- When we feel as though our time is being wasted
- When we eat oily, spicy or salty foods or anything fermented such as cheese, or alcoholic beverages
- If we are in hot or humid weather conditions
- Or we are tired or become sun burnt
Signs that a Pitta person is out of balance is”
- And resentment
The physical symptoms that a Pitta person is out of balance are:
- Bad breath
- Hot flashes
- Heart burn
- Acid stomach
- And hemorrhoids
So there it is. This is me in a nutshell. I found this all completely eye-opening. I am looking forward to finding out what exactly I need to do to stay in balance. I must say though, over the past year or so I have been pretty balanced which I think is mostly because I take the time to meditate every day which helps me to eat right and exercise. I truly believe that mediation is key to living a full happy, healthy life.
That been said, I am off to Curves to work this body a little bit before I start my day.
May you all have a fabulously lovely day.